An Only Daughters Only Daughter...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Silent Night, Lonely Night

It’s quiet in here.

Too quiet.

BB has gone to the circus. Without us.

She’s 4 and running around town hanging out with clowns and the Flying Walendas and we’re at home. Alone. Just the two of us.

We don’t really know what to do with ourselves so rarely are we home on a weeknight without her. It’s different than when she’s gone on a weekend. That feels right. This feels very, very weird.

She’s with her Grandparents. It’s not like she has some wild night out on the town with the gang from Miss Lisa’s Daycare. She loves her Grandparents. (Both sets but maybe she likes this set just a tiny bit more. I would never tell that to the other set of course. I think it’s mostly because she spends a great deal more time with this set.) They picked her up early today from Miss Lisa’s and she’s spending the night. We think they will return her sometime tomorrow evening. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway, I’m sure she’s having the time of her life while her Daddy and I sit in front of a television that is not on PBS Kids Sprout and we eat dinner that does not have the mandatory course of macaroni and cheese and no one will cry tonight when it’s time to go to bed and I don’t have to read the Toddster a bedtime story (at least I don’t think I do). What a concept. I’m not sure I can handle it. I miss her.

It’s way too quiet in here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home